The "first particular Baptist church in Bridgton" erected a house of worship on North High Street in 1815. The structure was substantially remodeled and enlarged in 1832 and 1851, and in the latter year this cast iron weathervane was added to the steeple. The photograph of 1902 shows the building just prior to demolition to clear the site for Farragut Memorial Park.
Forrest H. Abbot (1866-1934) took the building down and re-erected it as a barn on his Highland Ridge farm, where it still stands today. The weathervane, stored in the barn for seventy-five years, was presented to the Historical Society in 1977.
Gifted by Arnold Abbott.
Rochester Iron Works Rooster Weathervane from Baptist Church